Monday, September 21, 2009

Bridges of Madison County


Alright I am a "bridges" fan. It is actually the movie that got me interested in Photography. So it has been a dream of mine to find a covered bridge and take pictures of it.

On my way home from treatment I spotted one. It was way off the beaten path and i just told Steve "oh theres a covered bridge do you think someday we can get there?"

Well leave it to steve he came home and map quested it. and knew where it was. and yesterday it was one of those "get me out of the house before I kill someone" days. So off for the covered bridge we went.

The little boy you see in this shot was riding his scooter with his buddie. as I was taking the shots, all i could think was "How great is your life? to be able to live on a hard top road where all the traffic is going to slow down and stop to see this bridge?" Its a kid's dream!

I don't know if I managed to capture the emotion of being that child, but I know I feel it when I look at it. That might just be because I was there.

0 comments: