Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Adventures in Tatting



My friend Cathy tats, as does my mother in law, I have never really had an interest in it until just recently.

Cathy was in the booth next to me at the craft fair, and I saw all she had done, it was so delicate and so pretty.  My MIL was with me as well and she brought her tatting with her to do while we sat at the booth.

With a needle borrowed from Mom, and a video from You tube, I dug out some thread I had bought so I could learn to thread crochet.  Yea I STILL have to try that....

At first I grabbed my purple. ( you think all I had was pink?) but then I saw that a solid light color was easier to learn on. SO, I put the purple back :( and grabbed the pink.

I have to say this was much easier than I thought and it doesn't make my hands cramp like crocheting does, and right now my hands are in such a flare it is hard to even type.

But I have hopes that since I don't have to add, and counting the stitches are relatively easy, I think this might be something I dabble in, depends on if I can read the pattern.  That seems to be the trouble with crocheting I just can't read the patterns. I can write a pattern but I can't read one.

0 comments: