Sunday, December 11, 2011

Loaded Mashed potatoes






I had a good friend over for dinner the other night. So I made a special dinner, I asked steve what he wanted to go with the main course (pork roast cooked in apple pie filling)

Well steve asked for "betty crocker loaded mashed potatoes"


I was NOT going to do that! While those are fine for a "quick fix" on any given tuesday night. not for company.
and i didnt have any anyhow...... what i did have was...
  • Instant plain potatoes
  • cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • dried chives
    and real bacon bits (not that imitation salad crap)
I made the potatoes, and added everything to them except 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, i topped it with that.

Yes it really is as easy as that... and WOW i made them ahead of time, put it in the fridge, and an hour prior to the dinner i put them in the oven and baked them SOOOOO GOOOD
CONTAINS DAIRY 

(this is my husbands SECOND helping)


0 comments: