Thursday, May 6, 2010

Biscuits OMM NOMM

I have a very small kitchen. Well the whole place is small,
but I like it small.


As you can see We have limited space.

Well due to the limited space, and the fact that once I get ready to roll out biscuits, I just dont have room. So today I thought I would try something I thought up at Christmas. Stamping them.


So I put them out on my cookie sheets with a 4 oz scoop,

Found a good solid bottomed coffee cup, floured the bottom,
then stamped them down.

and this is how they turned out!


I really thought I had posted this recipe before this, but I cant find it..... So I will post it again. Thank you to my sister for posting this on her blog....

Mama's Biscuits

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg, unbeaten
2/3 cup milk

Sift flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cream of tartar into a bowl. Add shortening and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour the milk into flour mixture and add egg. Stir until dough pulls away from side of the bowl. Turn out onto lightly dusted board and carefully knead four times (do not over knead). Pat dough to 1 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

* alteration to this recipe, I scrambled the egg into the milk. and gently cut the flour mixture into the egg/milk mixture. I did not knead the dough, just went right into scooping. OH one more thing, I always double this recipe!

0 comments: