Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Searcing for Sashing!


We have all of the pinwheels done for Michelle's Quilt. We have the layout planned to what you see. However we are having trouble finding a suitable sashing material. We have tried an olive green, but that makes the greens squares vanish. We have tried plum that makes the purple ones disappear.

I take the squares with me when I buy my fabric, the black picked up the design in the cream, and I liked it in the store, but we aren't certain we like the way it looks all spread out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a close up of the color scheme in natural light....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe tan/brown?

Krista said...

Michelle thought maybe a brown as well, I wasn't really happy with the browns i found last time i was out...

Anonymous said...

Why don't you ask your sister? :o)

She's usually pretty good at finding fabric!

Anonymous said...

If those are black "cracked paint" lines in the white-ish fabric, go straight black. Is your rug black underneath it? I can't tell if that's fabric or part of the carpet.

If they are brown "cracked paint" lines, go brown.

Would it be crazy to think about a buttery yellow? Maybe a silvery gray?

I still think black would be neat, but I don't know if Michelle's going for a "warm & cozy" look or a "bright and cheery" look.

Erin

Krista said...

I have a piece of black under the top of it because of the crackle print.

The worst part about this is Michelle isnt giving me a whole lot of input into the quilt, but yet she has put stipulations on it tha it cant be like this or that no flower prints nothing to "busy" but yet wont go fabric shopping for the shashing either. I am ready to put it all in a big zippy bag and tell her when she goes out and get the fabric she wants we will finish the quilt

I had to have the finished top to the quilter by today to get it by June 1st (graduation) and the top isnt done, and i dont have the fabric for the back. I have bought plenty of fabric i have no use for now. i think this will be the last quilt i do for anyone requesting certain fabric/colors. with a due date.

Cheryl said...

I wish I could see the colors better, but from what I can see... I really like the dark color with the pinwheels .If it was me I think I would use what ever I have of the dark fabric .

Susan said...

The more I look at this photo the more I like the black. Did you decide on what to use yet?