Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dead bread machine


I stripped all of the gears out of my bread machine. *sob*

then i borrowed my mothers bread machine only to find that she must have thrown out her paddle that mixes the dough on accident. *double sob*

so i am having to learn how to make it the way my grandmother did it. or just go to the store and buy frozen dough.... which i have been known to do. but i thought two days ago How hard can it be? after all that mchine had no trouble doing it. so i got out my bread machine recipies and tried the plain white one.

well I dont know what i did wrong but it raised only so far. and got a huge pocket of air then it fell. so we are trying it again today. I am thinking i didnt knead it enough on the second knead so i will try to correct that today.

I should just get a new machine.... maybe after i master this technique... I would love to one day show my grandchildren that my grandmother used to do it this way... lets just hope i wont do that for fifteen years or so!

0 comments: