Saturday, March 21, 2009

Easter table set


About a year ago My big Sis, went through her fabric stash and pawned a bunch of it on me. I was just starting to really craft and money wasn't something I had a lot of. So free was good. Actually free was great. But ideas just weren't forthcoming. so much of the fabric just sat in bags in my stash hole.

I also didn't have a place to leave my sewing machine up. Well in the last year I have some some switching around and I now have an "area" I wish I had a whole room. But I will have to get my teen off to college for that.

Anyhow back on the subject! She gave me just SCADS of this Easter Egg fabric. and originally I was going to make scrubs out of them. But its too busy for me to wear, and I hate storing seasonal scrubs. so what to do with all of this??

Well an Easter tablecloth, place mats and napkins! This project has seriously made me re-think my sewing machine. A pretty decorative stitch for the top stitching would have been really nice. But I still love them!

The place mats and napkins I used the sew and turn method. It made it real easy to keep from having any edges I had to trim or bind.

0 comments: