Sunday, February 15, 2009

Limeaide


Waking up this morning to a dusting of snow, after last weeks nearly 50 degree weather, made me sick and tired of winter.


WELL I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE IN TO IT!


I have been accused of living in a cave in the past, and well, in my cave it's now sunny and 80 degrees. (not really but I have a vivid imagination)


Yesterday I found a great deal on Limes. 10 for $2, my Florida viewers may disagree with me on that, but for snowy PA thats a pretty good deal.


So a gallon of limeaide was made for a refreshing treat! This is also a nice change in the summer when you have been lemonaid-ed and icetea-ed to death. It still has a nice quench to it, but not the same old same old.


Now I'm gonna drink a big glass and close my eyes and sit in a sun-beam and pretend I'm on a beach... I'm thinking maybe Havana?


1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice

2 cups of sugar

3 quarts of water


stir well and chill.


Hints and tips: Limes should be room temp before squeezing. and "roll" them firmly on the counter with your palm before cutting. It will make them release their juice easier.

0 comments: