Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bread machine mixes

With Matt and my Allergies, i've been making bread for my family BUT frankly it makes a mess and i hate having stale bread by the time i get to the fourth loaf, SO, I came up with my own bread mix for my bread machine. I make probably 10 of these at a time and i go through them in under two weeks. BUT we use A LOT of bread. but i don't have the mess daily in my house, just open a zip lock bag and pop it in the machine.

Be CERTAIN to keep the mixes in the refrigerator. or the yeast will go bad. I only mix up the basic white bread, then if i feel like a variation, THEN i add TO the mix.


Bread Machine Mixes.....

Main Mix : Basic White Bread

In a ziplock bag add
3 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 ½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of lard (shortening or butter)
1 tablespoon of instant yeast (aka bread machine yeast)

When putting in machine add 1 1/8 cup of warm water and pack
Set machine and go…

Variations
Cinnamon raisin
Add to mix 2 tab of cinnamon and 1 cup of raisins

Italian Garlic and Herb
Add to mix 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic powder in a pinch)

 Apple spice bread
2 teaspoons apple pie spice & ½ cup chopped apples

Keep in fridge for up to about one month (add variations at time of making)

0 comments: