Friday, November 2, 2012

Using Metalics

After the dry brushing came out so well, I thought of color combinations and here are the ones that i really like. Michelle and I sat down the other morning and she did the base colors and i did the dry brushing.



I did this bell in a teal and copper, and i think it really looks a lot like  weathered copper.



This is a popular ornament here since gas lights are my hometown's "theme" this is done in black and gold.



when Michelle painted this snowman black she just kept saying this feels so wrong. and as i experimented with mother of pearl and silver, I found it really started resembling pewter.  we both agreed that we really liked it and we have a rather LARGE project that I have felt quite daunted by. we each agreed that THIS was how that piece should be done.  (more on that after December 25th)

0 comments: