Friday, August 17, 2012

Macrame Chair


I am trying to deplete my craft supplies. and i have an over abundance of macrame yarn. and i found this chair sitting next to the trash can at my moms house.  What thrifter is ABOVE free craft supplies?  Not this one! So home i drug the broken chair.

the first thing my husband said to me was "why are you bringing home garbage this time?" with a quick smile i assured him that this "garbage" was not going to take up permanent residence.  that as soon as i could fix it, it would leave the house and take with it three to four skeins of macrame yarn with it.

I know lots of people that drag stuff home with the full intent of fixing them,  and they have ROOMS of  "gonna get to its"  I am not one of those people... (please dont look in my hope chest)

but with limited space and three grown adults and a toddler that owns more stuff (toys) than all of the adults including the youngest adult's shoe collection that would make Amelia Marcos envious, I cannot afford to drag home anymore chairs...well except the new rocker that my friend barb gave me just tonight.

So i set to putting a new backing on this chair.  here is the link where i found the "how tos" to doing this project click here I foudn the instructions to be quite easy and the project even eaiser i had this done in a day and a half of nap times.  cinchy.

0 comments: