Tuesday, August 2, 2011

new towels



I have been away from sewing for so long i nearly forgot how!

My Mom bought me new towels for my birthday so i now have 4 very old towels to get rid of. Well 370 posts ago, I made hair turbans for my daughter. BUT that was back in 2009, which in my world even though it was only a few years, it was a whole lifetime ago!

I made new ones out of the old towels, and i made some improvements only because i now have better equipment. My sewing machine has an overcast stitch to make finished edges with, HUGE improvement, as the last turbans frayed terribly.

I also 1970'ed these to death with some contrasting rick rack. I LOVE rick rack, my daughter umm not so much, but these are probably the last ones i will make as shes off to college most of the time and hardly ever home so these won't get much use. But I like them and the bathroom would seem wrong without a few hanging on the right hook.




After i finished the turban, a had a tad bit of towel left, so i have made hand wipe towels out of the scrap, i hang a towel over the cabinet door, and a folded towel is a lot of bulk on the door. where these should actually nearly close.

0 comments: