Thursday, January 20, 2011

Roast Beef hash

I got hung up at work, so I needed a good meal fast, and I really didn't want to eat Pizza, so I got to rummaging around in the left over’s and found 1/2 a beef roast from two nights ago.

I had made the beef roast in the crock pot but I didn't let it cook until it fell apart like normal. So it was very slice able. I had thought perhaps I would make roast beef sandwiches or something.

I decided to make roast beef hash and from fridge to table it took a whole 20 mines. AWESOME!

I also had it pointed out that some people are just starting out and maybe some beginner recipes would be good to put on here.

Now I would like to say, that this is good for a dinner or for a breakfast. I love to fix something like this on a Saturday am for my family. A late breakfast like this works for breakfast and lunch then you have more of the afternoon to spend doing something together.




First chop some potatoes and put them into a hot frying pan with some butter, I have mine cut up in very large pieces, you may want to cut yours smaller. If they are smaller it will reduce your cooking time some.



while these are cooking I cut up my beef roast leftovers, stir your potatoes and add your beef




while this is browning, cut up some onions, You are going to wait till you potatoes are tender before adding your onions since they are quick to cook and will burn every easily.
See how nicley browned it all is now? this is how it should look before you add your onions.

Make some toast and fry two eggs over medium (or however you like them) and you have the perfect dinner. In 20 mins!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this ! I make it every time I have leftover roast ,I have also made pork roast hash ,I save the juice from the meat and add it to the hash just before serving ,so good !I don't make gravey like I used to, the juice is better.