Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Traditional Irish Dinner

I picked up everything I need for my traditional Irish dinner yesterday. OH darn! I forgot my raisins! I will have to get them today!

If you would like a shopping list to do this yourself, here is what you need.

This is for your main course.

  • 1 corned beef brisket (most of these are on sale this week just for this purpose)
  • white or red potatoes I have white this year but red can be very festive
  • REAL BUTTER
  • Cabbage
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Onions (Yellow)
  • Brown Mustard, yellow mustard, horseradish (that looks ground coursely)
  • vinegar apple cider
  • Parsley

For your Soda Bread you will need to go HERE it is my post from last year it tells a wonderful recipe for the BEST soda bread I have ever eaten!

Wow makes me glad I went over these two lists! I still have a few things to pick up! Raisins, buttermilk, and parsley!

For my utensils I use a crock pot, a stock pot, and a loaf pan that should be all you will need as well

I will post all of this VERY early in the AM so you can have time to get it all ready in plenty of time for dinner! If you are going to be rushed, you can make your soda bread tonight it will still be fine tomorrow!

0 comments: