Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hawiian Chicken


The winter must be getting to me because I have suddenly want fresh fruit and veggies.

As I was sitting at home today I came up with an idea. And with the help of my daughter picking up the fresh stuff I needed from the store on her way home. I have created something everyone really likes!

First lets get the chicken in the oven

you need boneless skinless chicken breasts.

On top of every chicken breast put a thin slice of lime and a few pineapple chunks (I used fresh pineapple because its so much better than canned)

add a cup of water to the pan just to keep the oven moist.

Bake it in the oven for approximately an hour at 350 deg.

when it comes out of the oven it will look like this....


While you have this in the oven lets make our Glaze....

That fresh pineapple you cut up? put a cup and a half into a sauce pan
we also need to used the left over lime and juice it into the pineapple. Add two tablespoons of butter and start cooking it on med heat.

after the butter melts, add a cup of water, You better WATCH it, the sugar will start coming out of the pineapple and it can burn.

when the pineapple gets soft, I mashed mine with my potato masher. not real fine just to break up the chunks.

add
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of ginger
a pinch of cinnamon.

Cook this for a while. as it reduces, you may want to add one more cup of water. thicken this with corn starch. and thicken it slowly. set aside.

while you are baby sitting your glaze you should boil your rice until tender.

Once you have it all ready this is where the fun starts!

First place a bit of the glaze on the plate. Then set a chicken breast on top of the glaze. drizzle glaze over your side of rice. and don't forget some fresh green beans!

and there you go. As my husband said to me "Wow this is 'fancy restaurant' food"