Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grilled Turkey Sandwiches


I have done a whole lotta Linus blankets post recently...And frankly I know its a bit dull...

I thought perhaps this would spice things up!

Her in North central PA January is always uber cold with negative temps and huge wind chills. So you do what you can to warm up your house.

I like to use my oven to do it. So, I made a turkey for just the three of us. and yes you can get the idea of just how much left over turkey we had....

Well you can only eat so many turkey casseroles.

These are my Grilled Turkey sandwiches. and I have ta say I think they are awesome!

You need an unsliced round loaf bread or maybe even a loaf of unsliced Italian. Personally I think rye or pumpernickel would be outstanding. This is a garlic I picked up at Wegmans. But definitely a bread with some "body" You want THICK slices.

you also need Horseradish mustard... now you can go out and buy a brown mustard, but I actually just mix Frenches yellow with some nice horseradish. I keep it in an old Grey Pupon jar. I like the vinegary taste of the yellow mustard with the horseradish. I cant seem to find that with regular horseradish mustards.

Cut up some turkey, I had this with both dark and white meat each I liked so choose your favorite.

assemble your sandwich as you are grilling it, (I think a George Forman would be great for this) oh and dont forget to throw some shredded cheddar on it!

Mustard on Turkey... who woulda thunk it?

0 comments: