Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chocolate banana smoothie


My daughter has recently decided to hop on my "diet train" and she thought this smoothie would be a good idea. She found the recipe on the back of a "Carnation Instant breakfast" packet.

3/4 C skim milk
1/2 frozen Banana
1 packet drink mix
1/2 C ice cubes

Well we knew absolutely nothing about making smoothies....
Apparently, Food processors are not the ideal place to make them. Or at least when you make two at a time! Or perhaps it was that I failed to CRUSH THE ICE FIRST. The swirling icecubes never crushed up, and when I went to pour out the smoothie the chunks of ice plopped out, splashing chocolate banana smoothie all over my counter, then the "chopping blade" fell out, bouncing off the counter spinning in a circle onto the floor, covering Me and EVERY SINGLE black appliance in my kitchen with drips of sticky chocolaty mess.

Of course my dear daughter who had the camera poised to take a shot of this beautiful smoothie for the blog, started speed shooting as soon as the mess started to appear.

This whole incident happened last week... It took me all day to clean up that mess, I was so upset by the time I was done i decided not to even publish any of the post untill today, when I walked back into my kitchen after cleaning it thoroughly yet again yesterday, and yes guess what I found MORE SMOOTHIE. At that all I could do was laugh, and drag the pics out of my recycle bin. Some days you just have to laugh at yourself...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I dropped an unopened can of soda in front of the fridge last summer. It went EVERYWHERE. I cried out "uh-oh", Travis comes walking in, takes one look at me and tells me to get out of the kitchen. Just last month I was on top of the counter going through the stuff we have on top of the fridge, and I found MORE of the soda.