Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pretzel Rods


When ever I make buckeyes, I always make too much melted chocolate. well the deeper the chocolate, the easier to dip the balls into. So one year I thought why not dip pretzel rods into the chocolate? well that thought has now evolved into a seasonal tradition!

The best way I have worked out to dip the rods is to melt your chocolate in a double boiler, (then i dip my buckeyes) and then transfer my left over chocolate into a thermal coffee travel mug. the mug keeps my chocolate from cooling, and you can dip the whole rod but just a finger hold. when you get low on chocolate, simply tip the mug and roll your rod.

Lay your choc rods on waxed paper or foil and I like to sprinkle with holiday nonpareils. actually my Daughter used to sprinkle them now the job has been gifted to my DH

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year, for my son's 5th "Star Wars" birthday party, I dipped them in red, green or blue chocolate for dandy edible Light Sabres. Everyone loved them!

Erin