Thursday, October 15, 2009

carmel corn


I have always thought that I did not like Carmel corn. I have some suspicions of why but I really don't know for sure. I do know that I dislike crackerjack and when I was a kid having to eat that whole box to get to a ring was almost torture. So that might have something to do with it.

My daughter has a bake sale at school this week. I really hated the idea of baking cookies all day (it wears me out) so i decided to try to make my own Carmel corn.

After consulting with two Carmel corn lovers, I looked up a few recipes and they are all basically the same.

As I cooked it in the oven I found I couldnt stay out of it! so I guess I am a convert.

I also added 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to my sugars

Ingredients

1 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

0 comments: