Saturday, July 25, 2009

Breezes of Hope

I have spoken about my sister on more than one blog post and today I want to go on a bit more about her.

My sister is a quilter. She makes quilts for Project Linus, and is a member of a quilting club. that also makes quilts to donate to this cause or that cause. She has made me a quilt before, and I love the last one she made for me, but this one is special.

When My sister found out that I was ill, she went right out and bought a bunch of purple fabric to make this special delivery Linus blanket just for me. She also recycled one of my Fathers dress shirts into it, a wonderful touch!

I have to say that i just love it! It is a pin wheel pattern, and my sisters first real attempt at sewing curves. (the quilting is curved "ribbons") I think she did a great job! I love the way the curves came out and to know that she tried something that I have been encouraging her to try, on my quilt is great!

I personally think that the ribbons look more like breezes of hope though a field of pin wheels. blowing Purple hope my way. Incidentally, purple is the color for Hodgkin's disease... (no wonder this is the one I have ~LOL!~)

I you like this quilt you should really check out he other great stuff she does on her blog. I gotta say shes been blogging longer than I have and shes better at it than I am. Blogging among lots of other things shes better at than I am. Her recipes are all fantastic too!

Pop on over and see what shes been doing BESIDES sewing a new quilt for me. WHERE DOES SHE GET THE TIME???

I love you Sue, thank you for the Quilt.

You can see my sisters blog here

0 comments: