Monday, May 18, 2009

Lasagna Rolls


Lately I have been watching too much TV, and it seems to be affecting what I do... but there is this one commercial that has the awesome looking lasagna rolls. Now we don't get out to a restaurant very often, if we do its normally a buffet type place. but this dish just looked too yummy to not try to duplicate at home.

The first thing I want to say is I don't even know which restaurant this comes from nor have I ever had it from there I just twisted my lasagna recipe to work.

Lasagna rolls

12 lasagna noodles cooked
32 oz ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 tab onion powder
1 tab parsley
3 cups of shredded mozzarella
1 jar of your favorite sauce
some pre-made meatballs or ground beef (optional)

while you are cooking your noodles, mix together ricotta cheese, eggs onion powder, parsley and 2 cups of the shredded mozzarella.

When noodles are near done quick cool them in an ice bath.

Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan. take a dollop of the cheese mixture and wrap the noodle around it. ( I did this by laying the noodle on my palm, with the excess hanging off the tip of my fingers then placing the dollop on my palm and enveloping the cheese with the noodle.)

You don't need to be chincy with the cheese either. there is PLENTY to do all of these noodles.

place roll in pan 3 rolls by 4 rolls. springle ground beef on top or place meatballs amongst the rolls.

pour your favorite sauce over rolls.

bake 350 degrees 1 hour

sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top bake 10 mins more.

serve with garlic bread and tossed salad.

This dish could easily feed about 9 or so people depending on how big your eaters are. One roll was plenty for me once I figured in the side salad and my garlic bread. I ended up putting half of it into an 8x8 and popping it in the freezer. It will make a good quick meal sometimes when I don't feel up to cooking.