Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gas Tank


My dear husband and I have started a new project together. We bought an old motorcycle that had been setting around in someone garage for the last ten years. and we are going to get it road ready for the summer season. So even though it isn't a "typical" craft I am going to learn restoration along this path. and I will be having a smattering of this along with everything else that I do.


Steve has really been chomping at the bit to get going on this so i told him to bring in the gas tank. and we would give it a once over and see how bad of shape it is in.


Well we washed it and then we fetched in the buffer I bought for Steve last year, and hit the tank with the buufing compound and it took on a nice shine.


Good enough that we have decided not to fix the rust this year, we are going to send it out next winter during the off season. That way we wont have to wait this year to ride.

0 comments: